Create a Cohort Program:
To create a new program, you first must log in to the platform and click the Create Program button. If this is not prompted to you, click on Programs > Create Program.
Once you click Create Program, you will be prompted to choose between a 1-on-1 or Group Program. For this demonstration, we'll be creating a 1-on-1 program. After you select your Matching Format, click on the blue Next button to continue:
After selecting a 1-on-1 program, you will see a screen asking you to choose your Program Cycle. On this page, you will be presented with some of the key differences between the two. For more information on our different program types, check out our article here: What's the difference between a Cohort, Evergreen, and Group program? Here you have the option to choose between a traditional Cohort-style program or our Evergreen-style program. In this case, I will be selecting a Cohort program.
Once you select your Program Cycle, you can click the Next button to move on:
Now that you have chosen your Program Cycle, you will be offered a variety of different Program Templates. These templates can be used to get up and running quickly and to better tailor your program to the type of initiative your team wants to run.
For demonstration purposes, I am going to select our General Template. After choosing your template, click the Next button:
The 4th step in the process of creating your program is to provide some general details about your program. There are 4 key things you will want to make sure to provide here:
- A Program Name
- Support Contact(s) for your Program
- For more information on Program Support Contacts, check out our article here: Adding Program Support Contacts
- A Program Description
- A Program Banner Image
Note: You can always edit this information later on if you need to.
Once you have customized these to your liking, you can click the Next button to move on to the final step!
The final step in the program creation process is to select the Pairing Process for your program. Each process will provide a slightly different experience for your users, so it's important you carefully consider which will work best for your goals.
Since we're building a Cohort program, we have 3 different options for our Pairing Process:
- Admin-led: With this pairing process admins must create pairings on behalf of their users. Together will suggest the top matches to help you, but ultimately the choice is yours.
- User-led with approval: This pairing process implements a shortlist where users can select their preferred matches from a list, sorted by best match. Once the user has submitted their shortlist of matches, the match must be approved by the person requested. Admins can still create new pairings for users at any point.
- User-led: This pairing process allows for users to choose a match from a list, sorted by best match. Once the user selects a match, the pairing will begin immediately - the requested user will not need to approve the request. Admins can still create new pairings for users at any point.
Once you have decided on your Pairing Process, you can complete the Program Creation by clicking the Finish button in the bottom right corner:
To continue building your Cohort program, head over to Step 2 - Registration Setup.
Have more questions? Submit a request here and let us know how we can help!