Create a Cohort Program:
To create a new program, you first must log in to the platform and select the Program Templates tab. Here, you can select one of our All Access, Targeted Program, or Colleague Connect templates or click the Create Custom Program button to create your own. For now, we are going to create our own program:
Once you click Create Custom Program, you will be prompted to choose between a 1-on-1 or Group Program. For this demonstration, we'll be creating a 1-on-1 program. After you select your Matching Format, click on the blue Next button to continue:
After selecting a 1-on-1 program, you will see a screen asking you to enter your Program Details. On this page, you will need to provide some general details about your program. There are 4 key things you will want to make sure to provide here:
- A Program Name
- A Program Description
- A Program Banner Image
- Support Contact(s) for your Program
- For more information on Program Support Contacts, check out our article here: Adding Program Support Contacts
Note: You can always edit this information later on if you need to.
The most important step on this page is to select your Program Duration. Here, you will be presented with two options, Fixed (Cohort) and Continuous (Evergreen). For more information on our different program types, check out our article here: What's the difference between a Cohort, Evergreen, and Group program? In this case, I will be selecting the Fixed (Cohort) program.
Once you have customized these to your liking, you can click the Next button to move on to the final step!
The final step in the program creation process is to select the Matching Process for your program. Each process will provide a slightly different experience for your users, so it's important you carefully consider which will work best for your goals.
Since we're building a Cohort program, we have 3 different options for our Matching Process:
- Admin-led: With this matching process admins must create matches on behalf of their users. Together will suggest the top matches to help you, but ultimately the choice is yours.
- User-led with approval: This matching process implements a shortlist where users can select their preferred matches from a list, sorted by best match. Once the user has submitted their shortlist of matches, the match must be approved by the person requested. Admins can still create new matches for users at any point.
- User-led: This matching process allows for users to choose a match from a list, sorted by best match. Once the user selects a match, the matching will begin immediately - the requested user will not need to approve the request. Admins can still create new matches for users at any point.
Once you have decided on your Matching Process, you can complete the Program Creation by clicking the Finish button in the bottom right corner:
To continue building your Cohort program, head over to Step 2 - Registration Setup.
Have more questions? Submit a request here and let us know how we can help!