Create an Evergreen Program:
To create a new program, you first must log in to the platform and select the Program Templates tab. Here, you can select one of our All Access, Targeted Program, or Colleague Connect templates or click the Create Custom Program button to create your own. For now, we are going to create our own program:
Once you click Create Custom Program, you will be prompted to choose between a 1-on-1 or Group Program. For this demonstration, we'll be creating a 1-on-1 program. After you select your Matching Format, click on the blue Next button to continue:
After selecting a 1-on-1 program, you will see a screen asking you to enter your Program Details. On this page, you will need to provide some general details about your program. There are 4 key things you will want to make sure to provide here:
- A Program Name
- A Program Description
- A Program Banner Image
- Support Contact(s) for your Program
- For more information on Program Support Contacts, check out our article here: Adding Program Support Contacts
Note: You can always edit this information later on if you need to.
The most important step on this page is to select your Program Duration. Here, you will be presented with two options, Fixed (Cohort) and Continuous (Evergreen). For more information on our different program types, check out our article here: What's the difference between a Cohort, Evergreen, and Group program? In this case, I will be selecting the Continuous (Evergreen) program.
Once you have customized these to your liking, you can click the Next button to move on to the final step!
The final step in the program creation process is to select the Matching Process for your program. Each process will provide a slightly different experience for your users, so it's important you carefully consider which will work best for your goals.
Since we're building an Evergreen program, we have 3 different options for our Matching Process. However, when you create a new program, the Matching Process will be set to User-led with auto-match by default.
- User-led with auto-match (Default Process): This matching process uses the matching algorithm to send the best match for each unmatched mentee. Mentees will have the choice to either approve the match or browse and pick their mentors just like User-led without the Mentor declining. Admins can still create new matches for users at any point.
- User-led with Mentor declining: This matching process allows for users to choose a match from a list, sorted by best match. Once the user has submitted their match request, the match must be approved by the mentor requested. Admins can still create new matches for users at any point.
- User-led without Mentor declining: This matching process allows users to choose a match from a list, sorted by best match. Once the user selects a match, the matching will begin immediately - the requested user will not need to approve the request. Admins can still create new matches for users at any point.
Note: You cannot enable Participant declining when auto-match is enabled.
Unmatched Mentees in your program will receive a Mentor Found: System-matching email which will look something like this:
Additionally, unmatched mentees will receive a Match Remind: System Led Matching email 1 week after they were recommended their match:
Next, you can also select whether you would like the system to check in with a mentor regarding their availability if they remain inactive on the platform:
If this option is selected, mentors with no recent activity for 60 days or more will be shown as unavailable to all new matches unless they opt back in. The following actions count as "recent activity":
- Entering a New match.
- Registering for a program.
- Adding additional sessions for an existing matching.
When a mentor's participation has been paused, they will receive a Participation Paused Due to Incativity email. To resume participation, they can simply click on the I'm Ready to Match! button found in the email:
Once mentors have resumed their participation, they will receive a Participation Paused Period Ended email to confirm that they are available to match once again:
And that covers the steps for creating your Evergreen Program! Click the Finish button to complete the program creation process:
To continue building your Evergreen program, head over to Step 2 - Registration Setup.
Have more questions? Submit a request here and let us know how we can help!