Live Q&A is a new feature in 2022 that drives a large increase in frequency of engagement with Together Platform. It tackles a different type of knowledge sharing and learning that doesn't typically happen in 1on1 mentorship meetings.
Live Q&A is for sharing knowledge on questions like:
- What are the latest developments in our industry?
- How do I get the most out of maternity leave at our company?
- How do I use Looker (or Tableau) for generating reports?
- How do you plan and develop a roadmap?
- What are some techniques you use for debugging and testing code efficiently?
- Can someone host a crash course on using Google Docs / Office suite?
- How do you set up a new landing page?
Note: Live Q&As are for sharing knowledge that can't easily be answered in a written paragraph response, and are not meant to replace typical back and forth in Slack/Teams/Email for simple questions. They are meant to incite discussion and follow-up questions.
Today, users find mentors on Together Platform in traditional mentoring programs for advice, but Q&As/Lunch and Learns in a group setting cover a whole other segment of day-to-day learning.
Live Q&A appears as a new page in the navigation for end users. You will be able to see Q&As in three statuses:
- Needs Host
- Browse Q&As
- Submit related questions they want to hear answers to
- Follow to upvote and get updates on changes to a Q&A
- Add to Calendar
- See attendees and the host
For Q&As that need a host, users can also:
- Volunteer to host
- Follow to get updates when a host joins
For past Q&As, users can also:
- Rewatch the recording of the Q&A (this feature is in development)
Requesting a Q&A
Users can request that someone host a Q&A on a topic they think would be valuable to the company.
Host a Q&A
Users can volunteer to host a Q&A. They can do so either by hosting a requested Q&A, or just setting up their own from scratch.