There are many different emails that are sent from Together for various reasons. The majority of these emails are sent to the many users in your mentorship program, while others are sent only to program admins.
Emails sent from Together can be broadly categorized into 6 main areas:
To access the emails relevant to your program, first sign into Together and head over to your program from your home page. Once inside your program, you can click on the Emails section along the left-hand side:
Once you're on the Emails page, you can select which category of emails you would like to view by clicking the drop-down menu at the upper right-hand side of the page:
Each category has a number of different emails associated with it, and depending on the type of program your organization is running, some may or may not be applicable to you. Here we will dive into each of these 6 categories, display what the default version of the email contains, and what triggers each of these emails to be sent from the platform.
Note: you may hover over each email title to see a short description of when each email is sent, for example:
- Registration Invitation (Mentors/Mentees): this email is triggered by admins and can be sent out through the use of our bulk invitation feature or by pasting individual emails into the registration invite box. Check out our article here on how to invite users to register.
- Note: if you send your registration invitation by pasting individual emails into the registration box and have not added those users to the Users section yet, those invites will be considered "anonymous" addresses. For anonymous email addresses, the platform cannot send the Register Invite Follow-Up or the Finish Registration Reminder to them.
- Registration Invite Follow Up (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent twice - 2 business days and 20 business days after the registration invitation email has been sent. Note: this email is only sent if the user has not registered yet and registration is still ON at the 20-day mark.
- Finish Registration Reminder (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent 1 business day after a user logs into their account. Note: this email is only sent if the user has not registered yet.
- Welcome to the Program (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent to users once they have completed registration for a program.
- Personalized User Invite (Mentors/Mentees): these emails are triggered by users if your organization has the Allow users to invite other users to the platform feature enabled under your organization settings:
- Submit Your Mentor Preferences (Mentees only): this email is sent manually by admins and is the invitation for users to begin pairing. The email can also be sent when you need to repair a user and when a user registers later to a program when pairing is already on.
- Note: this email does not appear in Admin-led pairing programs.
- Submit Your Mentor Preferences Reminder (Mentees only): this email is sent 1 business day after the Submit Your Mentor Preferences email and only if a user has not been paired yet or requested a pairing. Note: this email does not appear in Admin-led pairing programs.
- Choose Your Mentee (Mentors): this email is sent to mentors when a mentor registers for a program where mentors are able to request mentees. See our article on Reverse Mentorship for more information on this feature.
- Choose your Mentee Reminder (Mentors): this email is sent to mentors 1 day after they register for a program where mentors are able to request mentees.
- Approve Pairing Request (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent to both mentors and mentees when they have been requested for a pairing by another user. Note: this email only appears in programs using the Mentor Approval pairing process.
- Reminder to Approve Pairing Request (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent to both mentors and mentees 1 business day after the Approve Pairing Request email has been sent only if the recipient has not approved or declined the request yet.
- Reminder to Pair with a Peer (Peers): this email is sent 1 week after a user registers for a peer-mentorship-enabled program, but they have not yet made any pairing requests (to a mentee, mentor, or fellow peer).
- Approve Your Peer Request (Peers): this email is sent to users when they have been requested for a peer-to-peer pairing.
- Reminder to Approve Your Peer Request (Peers): this email is sent out 1 business day after the Approve Your Peer Request email if the recipient has not approved/declined the peer request yet.
- Mentorship Assignments (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent to users once the pairing has been approved/started.
- New Mentor Requested (Admins): this email is sent to admins when a user requests to be repaired. Note: this email only exists in Cohort programs.
- Pairing Change (Mentors): this email is sent to mentors when a pairing has been ended through a repairing request.
- Pairing Change (Mentees): this email is sent to mentees when a pairing has been ended through a repairing request.
- Pairing Ended (Mentor & Mentee variations): this email is sent once a pairing has come to an end/stopped. A different version of this email is sent to both mentors and mentees:
- No Capacity Notification (Mentors only): this email is sent to mentors two weeks after they reach their mentee capacity. Note: this is only sent out to mentors in Evergreen programs if the mentor is still at capacity.
- Mentorship Digest (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent to any user in an Evergreen program on the cadence they have set under their profile. The default schedule for this email is set to weekly and it is sent only once per schedule, even if a user is registered to multiple Evergreen programs.
- Survey Notification (Mentors/Mentees/Peers): this email is sent for custom-made surveys at the time period indicated by the admin (i.e. after a certain date, or after a specified pairing length). Note: the Survey emails section will only appear here for organizations who have the survey product enabled.
- Upcoming Session (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent approximately 1 day before a scheduled session starts or is triggered when the previous session is marked as complete in Together. To view the version of this email for each upcoming session, click on the title of the session under the Subject of the email.
- Session Past Due (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent when no session has been scheduled or marked as complete after the Session Frequency value for the program has elapsed since the pairing's last session.
- Session Follow-up (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent approximately 30 minutes after the scheduled end time of a session and only if the session does not have feedback from the user yet.
- Reminder to Schedule Session (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent halfway between the time the last session was completed and the expected time the next session should occur based off of the session frequency value in your program settings. For example, for the first session, this is sent halfway between when pairing started and the next expected session based on your designated session frequency.
- Add More Sessions (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent after the last session if neither user has completed feedback for the last session.
- Mentorship Pairing Fit (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent after the first session of the pairing.
Session Emails not Listed:
- Session Notes (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent when a mentor or mentee leaves a note under a session.
- Session Agenda Updated (Mentors/Mentees): this email is sent when the shared session agenda is updated by a user.
- Admin Invitation (Admins only): this email is sent when an admin is added to the platform.
- Admin Daily Digest (Admins only): this email is sent daily to admins.
- Admin Weekly Digest (Admins only): this email is sent weekly to admins.
- Product Market Fit Survey: this email is sent when users are 35-50 days into a pairing and is only sent once to a user throughout their lifetime on Together.
- Password Reset: this email is sent when a user requests a password reset.
Have more questions? Submit a request here and let us know how we can help!