Once you have your program up and running, one of the next most important steps is to understand how it is performing. We make this easier with access to a variety of different metrics and visualizations of your program data in the Reports section. However, sometimes you might want to build your own report to tailor your experience even further, now with our Reporting Dashboard, you can!
To access your dashboard first head over to the Reports section. Once you do, you should automatically load up the default dashboard created for you by Together:
From here, you will see a number of different things, we will cover each in more detail below:
- Filter options: by program and/or by date
- Group by
- View(s): current vs cumulative
- Your data/graphs
In each of the report tabs, you will have a few filter(s) to help break down your data further. The two main filters we support are filtering by a specific program(s) and filtering across a date range:
To implement each, simply click on the text box for the relevant filter, and select the program(s) and/or date range that you would like to filter by:
Note: you can use both of these filters in combination with one another. For example, you might want to filter by one specific program, but only for results within the last month.
Within the Dashboard and Registration Report, you have the ability to toggle between two different views of your data:
- Current: this view will show all users who are currently active in your program only. It will exclude any users who may have been registered at one point, but since have left your organization or the program
- Cumulative: this view will show an all-time view of your data. It will look over all participants, regardless if they're currently active in the program or not to give you a good understanding of the impact of your program throughout its existence.
For more information on current vs cumulative views, check out our article here!
Group By Reports:
You may also filter your data on your Dashboard by a variety of different custom fields. To do so, click on the Group By filter and select your field, in my case, I am going to filter by departmentID:
Curious how you might add custom fields? Custom fields can be included within your organization's HRIS integration with Together, or added to your CSV when you upload users to your User Table.
Some examples include Department, Start Date, City, etc. Once you select the field you would like to group by, your dashboard will reload and display a selection of various templates grouped by that field. For example, Cumulative Registrations Over Time by Department.
To exit this view and return to your main dashboard, simply click the X button to remove the field from the Category list:
Here is where you can view all of your organization's most relevant data. By default, there will be a few charts, metrics, and tables displayed here for you. However, you are free to add, remove, or edit these options as you see fit.
We will dive into how to edit your dashboard in more detail below:
First, you will need to click the blue Edit button in the upper right-hand corner to get started:
Once you click Edit, you will see two options to customize your dashboard: Filters and Templates, as well as the Save and Cancel buttons to finalize your edits:
- Filters: this allows you to toggle on or off the various filters available for your dashboard, some of which we have already discussed in more detail earlier in this article. For example, I have disabled the Group by filter for my dashboard:
- Templates: clicking on the templates button will display a number of different prebuilt data visualizations you might want to consider adding to your dashboard. Looking for a specific template? You can use the search bar or filter by a specific dataset (ex: Registration Text Questions):
Once you have decided on a template you would like to add, simply click the blue Select button to have it automatically added to your dashboard:
Arranging & Editing Data:
Note: you must currently be in Edit mode on your dashboard to move or edit charts/data
As you can see in the clip above, once I added the template, I was also able to move it around to wherever I see fit. To move your charts/data yourself, all you have to do is hover your mouse over the chart/data then click and drag the box:
To edit your charts/data, you can simply click anywhere inside the tile itself to display the edit window. To close the edit window, click outside of the tile:
There are many different aspects of the tile that you can edit, and I won't go into all of them, however, I encourage you to test out some of these to design a dashboard that best fits your needs! Some of these editable fields will vary slightly depending on the type of data/chart you're editing. For example, you can see here the many different options I have to edit the Registered Users tile I have added:
Once you're finished adding, rearranging, and editing all the data on your Dashboard be sure to click the blue Save button in the upper right-hand corner!
If you would like to delete any of these tiles, you can easily do so by clicking on the tile while in Edit mode, and clicking the Remove button at the bottom of the edit window:
Have more questions? Submit a request here and let us know how we can help!